What is Context3D?

What is Context3D?

Postby Kindoflame » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:27 am

I have not played for a while and wanted to start again, but I am receiving an error as soon as the game loads. It says "Context3D not available! Possible reasons: wrong wmode or missing device support." I am able to play other games on Kongregate without any problems. The browser I use is Firefox and my OS is Linux.
Kindoflame

Newcomer

Re: What is Context3D?

Postby Stone » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:34 am

Hi Kindoflame,

We are sorry you are experiencing issues, I will try to help you here, here are all the possibilities we can offer you:
- Try cleaning Firefox cache completely
- Some users have reported not being able to execute any flash content (not only our games) under Linux and Firefox browser, any chance you are using a Firefox version over v60? If you are, I'd suggest you to move back to v52.8 which looks like works fine.
- Have you tried switching to Chrome to try if it works? Just to find out whether if it's an OS issue or it's the browser's fault.

There's no much left to do on our end since the configuration is the same for all browsers/os, there's no specific setup for Linux and it indeed should be working fine.

Please try some of these options and get back to us with some results!

Thanks,
Christian "Stone" Gascons
Monster Battles: TCG - Admin
Stone

Site Admin

Postby Kindoflame » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:11 pm

I completely cleared Firefox's cache. The game still does not load properly on Firefox or Chrome, but for different reasons. For Firefox the same message appears. For Chrome the game says, "To play this game on Kongregate, you must have a current version of Adobe's Flash Player enabled. Click here to activate or install Adobe Flash:" and then there is a blue buttoned labeled, "Enable/Install Flash". When I click on the button nothing happens. On both browsers other games on Kongregate load without any problems.
Kindoflame

Newcomer

Postby Stone » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:03 am

Hi again Kindoflame,

Kindoflame wrote:For Chrome the game says, "To play this game on Kongregate, you must have a current version of Adobe's Flash Player enabled.

This is weird, you should make sure that on Chrome, Adobe's Flash Player is installed, I'd suggest you to visit https://get.adobe.com/es/flashplayer/ and install it from there.

Click here to activate or install Adobe Flash:" and then there is a blue buttoned labeled, "Enable/Install Flash". When I click on the button nothing happens.

This is a workaround created by Kongregate to speed up the process of activating Flash Player on Chrome, from a couple of versions ago, Chrome is blocking Flash sites by default and you have to manually click on the "lock" icon to the left of the url on your browser to allow flash content. This will happen always, once you enable flash it will work without asking it anymore while you have the browser open, when you do close it, it will ask it back again.

On both browsers other games on Kongregate load without any problems.

Bear in mind that there are only a few games out there using Flash, you probably don't have issues on other games because they have been developed using a different technology.

We are sorry about the poor experience, we are working on different technologies for our future games as we speak.

Thanks!
Christian "Stone" Gascons
Monster Battles: TCG - Admin
Stone

Site Admin

Return to Technical Support