Arena champion scam

Discuss anything related to Magic Quest: TCG
viking
Royal Advisor

Arena champion scam

Postby viking » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:37 pm

Hi guys, 1st thanks for having new stuff! But, i mean wow, you just make the trust fall appart by nerfing the arena champ. You make people pay 2 buy a dream (buying a box that might have the best card in the game) and once most who want it paid big money for that, you remove it the way you sell it…. Would that card sell if you put it nerf…..of course not cuz its not worth the price you ask. So it lead me to the fact that i've been scamed buy your team and i'll affect my trust of buyer and will always wonder if what i buy will be just a mirage for a few months. Its like shooting the people who support the game. Since its half of what it was…. can you give me half the money i put in brootherhood chest? Of course not i guess, thats why i call it a scam, paid for a card that not good anymore and not what i paid 4.
Kramito
Site Admin

Re: Arena champion scam

Postby Kramito » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:36 am

Hello,

Sometimes we need to do adjustments in the balance to make the game fair, we usually buff more cards rather than nerf cards, but in some rare cases we need to change a current card and reduce some of its power. The card is still really good and it has a still a spot in any deck.

Regards,
viking
Royal Advisor

Postby viking » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:35 am

If the card is still good, maybe but its clearly not what i paid for. How can you sell something and few month after you change it all, what will you do to repair the fact that you sell something at a high , very high price and than remove it once people that make this game live, have bought it. What will you do to make people trust what you sell if its to remove it a few months later? To me sound like a fraud and a money lure.
Surdrake
Archsage

Postby Surdrake » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:20 am

paper still very good? I do not believe absolutely! Try playing now and think about it before, completely different! The main problem lies in the fact that in 98% of the games (PVP), equal to player strength, who starts win. Explain me now where is the fun like this? Thanks in advance!
Alduin
Archsage

Postby Alduin » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:54 pm

Hi all
First of all congratulate you for the new update not only for having reduced the attributes of the AC but for the novelties for next month, they seem very interesting.
Regarding the AC I think Viking is right to feel scammed by the decline in power in this card, (many players have spent real money to get it and finally have a letter of dubious quality in relation to price). In the end I think it has become a toxic asset because on the one hand you have earned money with it but on the other your image as a company has been damaged.
I also assume my part of the blame, I think that players should reject this type of cards that break the balance of the game and not use them.
As a solution for the future I think we all have to work more together, if in a new update there is a card that breaks the balance of the game, we must tell you and not use it and you should remove it beforehand.
Regarding the usual issue, who starts wins, we believe that it should be proven that the player who starts has 2 mana and the one that goes second 4. It would be fun to be able to play this way in the friendly game mode and in passing it would serve as a test.
Just to add that it is still a great game and I still enjoy the PVP mode as the first day in large part by the people who play it in the end we are like a small family.
regards
Bazza
Royal Advisor

Postby Bazza » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:10 am

Hi
I agree the card is still strong but why nerf a card that gives 2colour decks a chance to win? Reminds me a lot of the bribe nerf. I assume the real reason for nerf was to mull raid completion so people buy more tickets. I wish you guys would stop nerfng mercenary cards and just improve summoner abilities.
Regards
Bazza
Current username: bazza
Current Guild: raiders
Kramito
Site Admin

Postby Kramito » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:47 am

Hello,

We changed several cards during this year (most of cases were buffs, as you can see in the patch notes) and we'll keep working that way, but sometimes we need to take the hard decision to reduce the power on some cards when we think that the card completely breaks the game (the card is still usable and it's really good and we can expect that almost no one will remove it from his deck because it's still worth).

We don't take this change lightly, we spent a lot of time, we did a lot of testing and we listened your feedback before taking any action, but we firmly believe that was the correct measure to keep the game fair and healthy.

Regards,
viking
Royal Advisor

Postby viking » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:22 pm

You claim 2 do a lot of testing… How can you put a card that is overpower if you do a lot of test, seems 2 me that it's VERY EASY 2 see that arena champion is way to strong. Or is it that frozen is 2 greedy and want money and once its in your wallet then make it ok for all player? I've bought a f1 and now end up with a scooter…. does it work….yes but I still paid for an f1 car and now you made it a scooter… I don't think it's fair and your bla bla about being a good card is ridiculous, the point is all AC owner paid over and over for a loot box that may contain a good card and now they end up with an ok card…
-What you gonna do to make worth that investment?
- How can players, who make the game living, can trust you again and be sure you wont do that over and over just cuz you are greedy?
The trust is not there anymore and I need answers and honest 1 before I make a decision about frozenshard way's 2 do money and leave the game to a honest developer games because so far the only answers you give seems like a politician bla bla.
Kramito
Site Admin

Postby Kramito » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:04 am

Hello,

We've always been transparent and honest with the decisions that we've taken. Several times we discussed here in the forums about changes (improving cards, changes on stats of cards, adding new things,...) and we have two options with this card. Keep the card the same and affecting the pvp or slightly nerf the card to be really good but not game-changing compared to other cards.

We've always try to do the best for all the players, we did several changes to other cards (mostly improvements) on this last update and during these years we adjusted several cards too (usually buffs), this is a "living" game and we'll keep adjusting cards to keep the pvp as balanced as possible.

My guess you're unhappy because you spent your raid points to craft this card and we understand this point but we strongly believe the card is still really good and has a place in any deck (we want the card to be played of course!).

Regards,

Return to “General Discussion”