Server exploit rollback

Discuss anything related to Heroes Empire: TCG
cgascons
Site Admin

Server exploit rollback

Postby cgascons » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:42 pm

Dear players,

This weekend we found out about a major error on our server leaderboards that has been taking place for the last 5 to 6 weeks. We have been checking our server logs and found out the unpleasant surprise where unfortunately hundreds of players have been taking advantage of this error and hence, have been exploiting it, receiving literally thousands of rewards that could have only been won by playing straight during (or over) a year approximately.

While we apologise for this error (which we didn't know about until two days ago), it's also well known that we do not allow this kind of behaviour on the players and has been already "punished" before banning the access to some specific features of the game to the "exploiters", nevertheless this time we will make an exception and will not ban access anywhere. We are anyways executing rollbacks to all the players accounts that have been exploiting this error during this weekend to the previous state they were before. If you have not taken advantage of it rest assure that your progress will be left as it is now.

Now, to the players that had the idea of buying Single Player raid tickets to keep pushing the Raid and hence get the extra rewards, please feel free to post here your nick and we will add a Pack(s) of the same price.

Also, after all the reimbursements have been done we will send every player in the game a gift for the trouble caused because of this unfortunate issue.

Thanks for your understanding.
Christian "Stone" Gascons
Heroes Empire: TCG - Admin
Adamastor

Re: Server exploit rollback

Postby Adamastor » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:26 pm

First of all, let me say that I am one of the players that used the bug. That being said... let me get this straight.

You have been having massive issues for the last 2 months or so with bugs THAT STILL HAVENT BEEN FIXED, despite numerous complaints from players, like:

- The huge and neverending bug in PVP where ppl refuse to play and win
- The fact that we get the messages from players in our guild chat with 15 DAYS!!!! delay
- The fact that you reset the week 1 day earlier than it should, effectivelly robbing us of 1 day on which to finnish our raids

All of these have been told by players again and again, and you did nothing...

And now that you found out that a bug that YOU CREATED was explored by the few hundreads of people that kept playing this game throughout all these issues, instead on "biting the bullet" like a grown up and owning to your mistakes, you decide to punish ppl by arbitrarely removing 2 months of auctions, raids, crafts, campaigns and pvp awards because you didnt detect YOUR MISTAKE earlier, which you would have if you had listened to what ppl where telling you?

Congratulations, you have just manage to allieanate a HUGE chunk of your players, and I, for one, have had it- Enough is enough...

You guys have a great product in your hands, but is so badly managed that ppl just lose patience and walk away...
cgascons
Site Admin

Postby cgascons » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:57 am

Hi guys,

We have tried to be extra-careful to rollback basically the cards & gold won due to the exploit. We have also added the gold amount equivalent to the money spent in the game on Single Player Raid boosters to every player who spent Kreds/Real money.

Also please notice that we have gifted absolutely all players in our database a Divine Scroll Pack as a way of saying sorry about this unfortunate incident.

We understand that you guys are not happy with the last servers performance, and so aren't we, but we would really appreciate if you could understand that a migration like this will always come with unexpected errors that are out of our reach when testing in our local environment.

We are trying to reach the formula to be able to continue making games and we certainly haven't found it yet, but we believe we are closer every day, even after having to deal with the massive amount of errors we face after the releases.

We will absolutely try to do our best and test deeply in our future features to be released so we can avoid these kind of incidents.

Kind Regards,
Christian "Stone" Gascons
Heroes Empire: TCG - Admin
Thunderclaw

Postby Thunderclaw » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:35 am

I agree that your team is driving away users. Every time you do an update that is flawed, users leave. Also taking back rewards is always bad if the users didn't cheat ( especially since you failed to give rewards earlier). Since all users were involved then its not a question of fairness but rather one of mismanagement. As far as I am concerned this is the last chance.
ershan81

Postby ershan81 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:42 pm

lol, this is really a joke, I cant remember how many times I tried to warn you guys about that bug and that stupid chat message appearing each time when you hit in a raid. if you guys cared to regress that bug By just trying , you could have figured out what was going on. now you guys decided to roll back all accs as an easy solution although it was all your mistake and your not caring this game. anyways you guys always been like this, I don't think anyone cares you to ban them or roll back their acc. because no one is playing your game ...

Return to “Heroes Empire: TCG Official Forums”